суббота, 29 февраля 2020 г.

Контрольная работа по теме "The Infinitive / the Gerund" (II вариант)


Variant 2

Упражнение 1. Make infinitives (add “to”) or gerunds (add “-ing”) of the verbs in brackets to make the following sentences grammatically correct.

1. When I’m tired, I enjoy ... television. It’s relaxing. (watch)
2. It was a nice day, so we decided ... for a walk. (go)
3. It’s a nice day. Does anyone fancy ... for a walk? (go)
4. I’m not in a hurry. I don’t mind ... (wait)
5. They don’t have much money. They can’t afford ... out very often. (go)
6. I wish that dog would stop ... It’s driving me mad. (bark)
7. Our neighbour threatened ... the police if we didn’t stop the noise. (call)
8. We were hungry, so I suggested ... dinner early. (have)
9. Hurry up! I don’t want to risk ... the train. (miss)
10. I’m still looking for a job but I hope ... something soon. (find)

Упражнение 2. Complete the following sentences with infinitives (add “to”) or gerunds (add “-ing”) of the verbs below to make them grammatically correct.

answer  apply   be    be     listen     make     see      try      use      wash       work      write
1. He tried to avoid ... my question.
2. Could you please stop ... so much noise?
3. I enjoy ... to music.
4. I considered ... for the job but in the end I decided against it.
5. Have you finished ... your hair yet?
6. If you walk into the road without looking, you risk ... knocked down.
7. Jim is 65 but he isn’t going to retire yet. He wants to carry on ....
8. I don’t mind you ... the phone as long as you pay for all your calls.
9. Hello! Fancy ... you here! What a surprise!
10. I’ve put off ... the letter so many times. I really must do it today.
11. What a stupid thing to do! Can you imagine anybody ... so stupid?
12. Sarah gave up ... to find a job in this country and decided to go abroad.
Упражнение 3 Complete the sentences using either the Infinitive or Gerund. Insert prepositions if necessary.
  1. I’m sorry... (disturb) you, but could you tell me the time?
  2. My younger sister can’t stop... (eat) sweets.
  3. He dislikes... (spend) money on car repairs.
  4. I remember... (go) to Venice as a child.
  5. I suggested ... (call) a taxi so we wouldn’t be late.
  6. I can’t stand ... (wait) in queues.
  7. He is Spanish so he’s used ... (drive) on the right.
  8. Did you remember ... (send) your sister a card? It’s her birthday today.
  9. Have you tried ... (read) a book to help you to sleep?
  10. Nowadays I’m used... (go) to bed early.
  11. He’ll never forget ... (see) the Grand Canyon for the first time.
  12. He offered ... (drive) me to the airport.
  13. I’ll stop ... (lend) you money if you waste it on cigarettes.
  14. Maya stopped ... (tie) her shoelace.
  15. John suggested ... (go) together in one car.
  16. Will you stop ... (make) so much noise, boys?
  17. It’s difficult to get used ... (sleep) in a tent after having a soft, comfortable bed to lie on.
  18. Linda offered ... (look after) my cat while I was out of town.
  19. Could you please stop... (whistle)! I’m trying ... (concentrate) on my work.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий