суббота, 29 февраля 2020 г.

Контрольная работа по теме "The Infinitive / the Gerund" (I вариант)


Variant I
Упражнение 1. Use Infinitive or -ing form.
1.      Greg enjoys … in the rain. (walk)
2.      I’d like … Molly an e-mail now. (send)
3.      What does Steve want ...? (do)
4.      The cold coach watched his team … football. (play)
5.      I prefer … detective stories. (read)
6.      Would you like something …? (drink)

Упражнение 2. Use Infinitive or -ing form.
  1. It was quite late when they saw Martin … (come) up the other side of the street. They saw him … (pause) in front of his house, … (look) up at it and … (knock) atthedoor.
  2. My parents let me (stay) at Molly’s house last weekend. They agreed … (take) me to his place in the car and they made me (promise) to behave myself.
  3. Mel hates (answer) the phone. And very often Mel just lets it … (ring).
  4. At first Jenny enjoyed … (listen) to Steven but after a while she got tired of … (hear) thesamestory.
  5. Polly can’t (go) to the cinema today. She’s busy … (study) for her exam, which is next week, but she’s decided … (take) a breakand … (phone) Megan.
  6. I tried … (listen) carefully and in order (not/show) how I was embarrassed, I did my best … (keep) theconversation … (go) ononetopicandanother.

Упражнение 3Complete the sentences using either the Infinitive or Gerund. Insert prepositions if necessary.
  1. He used ... (think) that life ended at 40, but now when he’s 41, he knows it’s not true.
  2. ... (make) such a terrible noise!
  3. It’s five in the morning. I’m not used ... (get) up this early,
  4. It’s impossible... (cut) with this knife. It’sblunt.
  5. My father enjoys ... (listen) to jazz music.
  6. I’m sorry... (hear) that your mother isn’t well.
  7. Harry looked so funny that I couldn’t help ... (laugh).
  8. I couldn’t help them ... (find) what they were looking for as I was in too much of a hurry.
  9. I’d like... (cook) something special when guests come.
  10. What do you feel like... (do) tonight?
  11. My dad promised ... (buy) me a bike if I passed my exams well.
  12. I hate... (wait) in queues. It really annoys me.
  13. I looked forward ... (see) you again soon.
  14. It’s difficult ... (concentrate) when there’s loud playing on the radio.
  15. We stopped for a while ... (admire) thescenery.
  16. He can’t afford ... (hire) a taxi every day.
  17. Is it worth ... (run) such an awful risk?
  18. I offered ... (pay) for the meal, but she refused.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий